Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Creatine
Benefits of Creatine:
- Improves cognitive function
- Increases muscle strength and endurance
- Enhances bone health
Myths and Misconceptions About Creatine:
"Will taking creatine make me gain weight?"
- Initial weight gain may occur due to increased water retention in muscle cells
- Long-term studies have found that creatine supplementation does not lead to significant weight gain or fat accumulation in healthy individuals
"Is creatine only beneficial for bodybuilders and athletes?"
- Creatine has been extensively studied and shown to benefit a wide range of individuals, including those who are not athletes or bodybuilders
"Does creatine cause kidney damage?"
- There is no scientific evidence to suggest that creatine supplementation causes kidney damage in healthy individuals
How to Use Creatine:
"Does creatine need to be loaded?"
- While some studies have shown that loading creatine can result in faster increases in muscle creatine stores, it is not necessary for creatine to be effective
"Is it safe for teenagers to take creatine?"
- Short-term creatine supplementation (up to 5 grams per day) has been shown to be safe for healthy adolescents who are engaged in regular resistance training. Consult with a healthcare professional before beginning creatine supplementation.