There are dietary supplements to suit any need on the market, including protein, weight loss, and pre-workouts. With so many options, choosing the right ones is confusing; after all, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution for fitness enthusiasts, vegetarians, and elders alike.
Without the right nutrients, you’ll have trouble reaching your goals, whether they’re to improve your health, performance, or weight loss. This is why choosing your supplements carefully is crucial to achieving your goals.
So, how do you make the right choice? Read on to figure out which supplements will be the best fit for your unique situation.
Who Needs Supplements?
Supplements aren’t a substitute for a healthy, well-balanced diet. However, some need help in this department because of dietary restrictions, medical conditions, or additional nutritional requirements.
For example, let’s imagine that we’re working with someone with a heart disease that needs extra magnesium. Potatoes, white rice, and oatmeal are great sources of magnesium, but they aren’t healthy in large quantities, which is why magnesium supplements would be a great way to meet their needs.
With that said, you don’t have to have heart disease to benefit from supplements. While anyone can benefit from supplements, below are some groups that can reap the most rewards:
- Athletes: Fitness enthusiasts might need help boosting their calorie intake during intense training sessions.
- Vegans and vegetarians: Animal meat is an excellent source of nutrients, such as vitamin B-12, iron, and zinc. With this removed from someone’s diet, supplements are great for bridging this gap in their vitamin and mineral intake.
- Pregnant people: When someone is pregnant, a huge amount of their nutrient intake goes towards the developing baby rather than their own body. Many doctors recommend vitamins so they’ll have enough nutrients to support the baby and their health.
- People over 50: As people age, their bodies start absorbing fewer vitamins. To reach healthy nutrient levels, they need to increase their intake; supplements are the easiest way to do so.
Common Dietary Supplements
Below are some of the most common dietary supplements for achieving health and fitness goals:
- Protein: Protein builds muscle, repairs tissue, and helps produce enzymes.
- Diet and weight loss: There are various supplements available for this purpose. Some boost metabolism, some curb the user’s appetite and others burn fat.
- Vitamins: These nutrients bolster the immune system, maintain bone health, and reduce stress.
- Amino acids: These molecules combine to form proteins. They’re ideal for breaking down food, absorbing nutrients, and increasing muscle growth.
- Pre-workouts: We recommend these supplements for boosting your energy, increasing your blood flow, and expediting your recovery after exercising.
Take Our 5-Minute Quiz Now
Vitamins and minerals play a crucial role in your overall health. Whether you want to get stronger, faster, and leaner or you just want to make sure you’re maintaining a healthy diet, dietary supplements might be the answer you’re looking for.
Our team’s very own certified fitness coaches and former professional athletes have worked together to create a 5-minute, 16-question assessment to help you determine the ideal dietary supplements for your fitness and wellness goals. With the advice of our experts on your side, you can take the guesswork out of your well-being.
Take our quiz now to begin your journey toward the best version of yourself.